The Historic Round Rock Collection

Jukebox Collection

The Historic Round Rock Collection is a project documenting Round Rock’s history, funded in part with a grant from the Texas Historical Commission. These pages are adapted from the original 1991 print version; later additions have been made by staff. Recent Round Rock news is given in the News feature

The Jukebox is a loose collection of newspaper accounts, stories, articles, photos and many other interesting and unique items relating to the history of Round Rock and its people.

Round Rock Texas, 1913-1938
A “yearbook” of Round Rock organizations and businesses of the time.  All photography, artwork and composition, as well as the original publication, was by Rev. Vernon Perry, Pastor of the Round Rock Methodist Church in 1938.  Published by R. B. Sweet Publishing Co.  This pdf document was scanned from a re-publication of the original document in ROUND ROCK, TEXAS, U.S.A.!!!, published by the Kiwanis Club of Round Rock in 1972. An original copy is available in the Round Rock Library archives.

Round Rock, Texas, 1840-1965 (125 Years)
“City of Round Rock, Texas as Events Have Transpired at the Intersection of the Chisholm Trail and Brushy Creek”  Program of events for the City’s Centennial Celebration in 1965, including a history and “yearbook” of businesses and organizations. An original copy is available in the Round Rock Library archives.

1916 Trinity College Catalogue
Catalogue and Events Calendar for Trinity College, which operated in Round Rock from 1906 to 1929. When the college closed, the main building became the Trinity Lutheran Orphanage and Old Age Home, now Trinity Lutheran Home. The building was later demolished and replaced with a single-level building more suited to the needs of its elderly residents.

Historical Sketch of First Settlement and Organization of Williamson County and Constitution of Old Settlers Association. By W.K. Makemson, 1904
An early account of Williamson County history, used as a primary source in many later works. Accounts of Tumlinson Fort, Kenney Fort, the Santa Fe Expedition, the Runaway Scrape, the establishment of Williamson County, and several of the early homesteaders in the area.

Historic Round Rock Photos on Flickr:
Historic Old Town
Historic New Town
Historic Downtown
Historic Palm Valley

Scroll to Top